Anyone a member of sitesplat? or have flatboots/bboots theme?

Extensions, styles and support for everything else about phpBB
kingbob777
Donor

Anyone a member of sitesplat? or have flatboots/bboots theme?

Post by kingbob777 » 15 Oct 2019, 20:03

I hear they have a premium extension to fix the GDPR problem with phpbb. Problem is the guy who creates the extensions clearly got no business sense at all! He only allows his theme buyers to see the pricing of the extensions. Meaning major losses on his behalf :lol: . I don't want to invest in his theme if the extensions are at extortionate prices.

Just wondering if anyone on here has the flatboots or bboots theme that is a member that would be able to tell us what his hidden prices are for extensions? You will do a lot of people a favour letting us know if the prices will be worth it.

No one with right head will part with money not knowing what kind of cash trap someone has on the extensions. :beer: :beer: :beer:

kasimi
mChat developer

Re: Anyone a member of sitesplat? or have flatboots/bboots theme?

Post by kasimi » 15 Oct 2019, 20:07

What feature are you looking for exactly that fixes your GDPR problem?

kingbob777
Donor

Post by kingbob777 » 15 Oct 2019, 21:25

They have an extension called bbgdpr. It has delete account feature and user data download. They are required by law in GDPR. I know of a delete account extension in the phpbb extensions page. But can't seem to find a user data download from the UCP. The only free one on the phpbb website download all users information.

Without that it means I have to extract data personally from the database and send them any personal information we hold about them. Do you know of any good GDPR extensions other than sitesplats version?

I tried david63 gdpr extension in the phpbb forum and it broke my forum it was a total mess.

kasimi
mChat developer

Post by kasimi » 15 Oct 2019, 21:47

david63's Privacy Policy extension looks to be exactly what you're looking for. Why not post about your problem with the extension in his development topic? If there's a bug I'm sure he'll have it fixed in no time. https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=2464776

kingbob777
Donor

Post by kingbob777 » 15 Oct 2019, 22:35

Many people have said it is bugged in 3.2.7 and up. But not been any response. He is either busy or has abandon the plugin. It don't cover the user data download either. Will have to come up with a plan within the next few days.

kasimi
mChat developer

Post by kasimi » 15 Oct 2019, 23:04

The extension lists all your profile data in the UCP with a "Download CSV" button that works fine for me. I didn't test any other part of the extension though.

I can fix any bugs you might find but would ask for a small compensation as it's not my extension, it takes time to get familiar with its code. Feel free to PM me if you want to go ahead in that direction.

Maybe other users know a better alternative that's free and doesn't need any bug-fixing. 🤞

kasimi
mChat developer

Post by kasimi » 16 Oct 2019, 07:29

kingbob777
Donor

Post by kingbob777 » 16 Oct 2019, 09:11

That link you sent looks good but putting it into translate some are having problems with the personal profile data. And it is only in german language. If david63 don't reply with the bug fix how much would you charge to fix the bug problem? I will get back to you sometime tomorrow. You don't have to post on here just inbox me if you like.

Cheers

kasimi
mChat developer

Post by kasimi » 16 Oct 2019, 09:18

kingbob777 wrote:
16 Oct 2019, 09:11
And it is only in german language.
I guess the extension topic hasn't been updated in a while, there are other languages available: https://github.com/tas2580/privacyprote ... r/language
kingbob777 wrote:
16 Oct 2019, 09:11
If david63 don't reply with the bug fix how much would you charge to fix the bug problem?
It all depends on how many bugs there are and how much time it takes to fix them. To give an estimate, I would need error descriptions & error messages, as I need to be able to reproduce the problems before I can fix them.

kingbob777
Donor

Post by kingbob777 » 18 Oct 2019, 20:01

I managed to fix the gdpr problem. Just need to find a good widget for the cookies bar. GDPR consent on cookies is tricky but I'm sure I will find one that works wonders. You will prbably notice me in the phpbb forum my username in that is robbie787. I shifted the javascript file and all work perfect.

But I may have a job for you if you like to make extensions via custom work. I will inbox you in an hour.