delete moduls in acp?

Extensions, styles and support for everything else about phpBB
jan_2017
Distinguished Donor

delete moduls in acp?

Post by jan_2017 »

Hello.

I have in the ACP at the menu "Modules" a few entries, which do not exist any more.

Example:

Code: Select all

ACP_IMAGE_UPLOAD
Can I delete this entry without hesitation without my forum being "damaged"?
miri4ever
Donor

Re: delete moduls in acp?

Post by miri4ever »

Yes go ACP and then SYSTEM Tab and See Adminarea or so. I got only Germany display so hard to tell.

If you click on this admin section all your tabs shown and now you should see extensions tabs on the right. Click there and all your extension are shown. Not correct working or see on missing translations. Click there on deactivate !!! And then first you can try to delete it !! But check if this extension itself has a subfolder inside. Those need to deactived and deleted first, before you can delete the main module.
jan_2017
Distinguished Donor

Post by jan_2017 »

miri4ever wrote: 17 Aug 2020, 19:52 I got only Germany display so hard to tell.
:wave: if you want , you can write in german :beer:
miri4ever wrote: 17 Aug 2020, 19:52 If you click on this admin section all your tabs shown and now you should see extensions tabs on the right. Click there and all your extension are shown. Not correct working or see on missing translations. Click there on deactivate !!! And then first you can try to delete it !! But check if this extension itself has a subfolder inside. Those need to deactived and deleted first, before you can delete the main module.
Thanks , It worked :D ... just as you described it
miri4ever
Donor

Post by miri4ever »

If there is an extention not delete data, not may now can try if all other maybe remain could be deleted by the fault extension itself.
jan_2017
Distinguished Donor

Post by jan_2017 »

miri4ever wrote: 17 Aug 2020, 20:01 If there is an extention not delete data, not may now can try if all other maybe remain could be deleted by the fault extension itself.
I have such an extension.

It's called Telegram Notifications Version 0.50

It can be deactivated, but the data cannot be deleted.

When trying to do so, only a white screen appears without error message.
miri4ever
Donor

Post by miri4ever »

Dont know if you had extensions uploader, this makes work more easy to watch inside the files.

You first can try to delete those acp modules like i told. Some extension have maybe some extension parts not only inside extensions and maybe on others places inside acp, some maybe in moderators panel and some maybe in user panel. You maybe need to check all 3 of those like I told you to search if pieces of this extension are there.

And I would take a look inside the migrations files where the database is created, there you maybe will be able to find the entries created in your database and delete those over your mysql tool. Often entries places inside the config folder of some not got deleted. But be careful there !! Some others extension you see create own tables only, you should be able to delete. For security first rename those for example to table1 and then try only to delete data if it works safe. If all work fine after you could delete this renamed table and if things fail remove the 1 doing back to its origin name.

But be always be careful if you not got at this.