mChat Error when using together with Advanced Poll Extension

Support area for phpBB's mChat extension
Painkiller88
Donor

mChat Error when using together with Advanced Poll Extension

Post by Painkiller88 » 02 Feb 2019, 14:04

Hi,

I am Using mChat 2.1.2 together with mChat rooms 1.2.5, i installed the advanced polls extension to show voters username (extension is still in development)

My problem is after installing the advanced Poll extension, it takes a view minutes and then every one is getting the "No route found for "POST /mchat": Method Not Allowed (Allow: GET, HEAD)" Error and new messages will not be posted anymore

I am not really sure if it has anything to do with each other but seems so coz nothing else was changed. Tried this 2 times and the result was always the same, so i removed the advanced poll extension.

Maybe you can figure out if they collide.

thanks

kasimi
mChat developer

Re: mChat Error when using together with Advanced Poll Extension

Post by kasimi » 02 Feb 2019, 15:08

This might actually be a problem with the Poll on Index extension. Give this a try:
  • Open ext/kasimi/pollonindex/event/listener.php
  • Find, around line 112:

Code: Select all

'SELECT'	=> 't.topic_id, t.topic_title, t.topic_first_post_id, t.topic_status, t.poll_start, t.poll_length, t.poll_title, t.poll_max_options, t.poll_vote_change, t.forum_id, f.forum_status',

• Replace with:

Code: Select all

'SELECT'	=> 't.*, f.*',

Painkiller88
Donor

Post by Painkiller88 » 02 Feb 2019, 15:11

thanks, i will try this at night when the forum is almost empty. I will give feedback tomorrow. Thank you

Painkiller88
Donor

Post by Painkiller88 » 02 Feb 2019, 23:33

Hi, i tested it but it doesn't work.

First i changed the code like you told me. Then i installed the advanced poll extension. After that the chat cant connect properly (OK Symbol) i just get the X Symbol, so i restored the db (because just uninstalling the advanced polls didn't fix it) and i changed the code back to the original.

kasimi
mChat developer

Post by kasimi » 03 Feb 2019, 10:59

I don't see the error you're getting. I have mChat, mChat Rooms, Poll on Index and Advanced Polls enabled and there are 2 polls displayed on the index page. After applying above code fix, everything works fine. :? Any idea how I can try to reproduce this?

Painkiller88
Donor

Post by Painkiller88 » 03 Feb 2019, 11:35

hm.. ok Maybe this error has another source.. no i can't tell you how to reproduce the error. Just forget about it, i deleted the advanced poll extension. Maybe some day anyone will write another extension to show poll voters, that was the only reason why i wanted this extension.

Thanks for your time investigated on that problem.

kasimi
mChat developer

Post by kasimi » 06 Feb 2019, 09:26

Upon further looking into this issues, I found out that Polls on Index cannot be made compatible with Advanced Polls. Advanced Polls assumes that there is no more than one poll on the page. It assigns JavaScript code globally which breaks when Polls on Index tries to render two or more polls. The JavaScript error it causes could be the reason for the error you're seeing. I'm afraid there's no way to solve it other than reworking the Advanced Polls extension, but that would take some major effort.