Post by terry2 » 09 Feb 2020, 15:36

May update to to more dice.

Bgagger
Donor

Re: Dice Mod + mChat (support/request)

Post by Bgagger » 15 Feb 2020, 12:42

steveDF wrote:
05 Feb 2020, 20:22
Martin's dice roller is great, but, unless I have missed something major, it only rolls 2d6. I run an RPG site and I'm looking for a full-fledged dice roller than can role all different size of dice. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
To my knowledge there is still no out-of-the-box working dice roller that works with mChat, other then Martins as shown above. Which works fine, but yes, it is restricted to only doing two 6 sided dice rolls at a time.
With some tinkering, I have altered the extension to throw one dice roll at a time. Without too much difficulty, it's mostly just cutting out some bits of the code and tweaking the display. So if you are willing to get down and dirty with the code that's doable. But it is still built around the concept of 6 sided dice.
Just be sure to make backups and have a separate sandbox phpBB installation to mess around with before thinking about doing any custom adaptations of existing extensions.
I think Martin mentioned though that he has been thinking about updating his original extension to support different number of dice, so you might want to poke him about that first if you're interested.

Currently we are looking at programming a custom solution into our forum setup, which is now in working order. For rolling different sided dice. Which is integrated into our own tailor made phpBB extension. So it is not an out-of-the-box solution either.
Though if anyone is interested in discussing custom commands for mChat or dice rolling in particular, from a programming and extension building standpoint. Feel free to give me a poke and we can exchange ideas.

steveDF
Donor

Re: Dice Mod + mChat (support/request)

Post by steveDF » 23 Feb 2020, 08:50

Thanks Bgagger, appreciate the advice. I'll see what Martin plans.