mchat will not 'enable'

Support area for phpBB's mChat extension
jimmy

mchat will not 'enable'

Post by jimmy »

Hello, I am running phpbb 3.3.2 on a Ubuntu 18.04 server with mysql 5.7.32 and php 7.2.24.

I downloaded the mchat version 2.1.4, copying the dmzx folder into my /var/www/html/ext directory.
Going into the ACP - Extension Manager I now see mchat listed there under the extensions list with an option to 'enable'.  When I endeavour to enable it my ACP screen essentially goes blank (showing the following url address - http://192.168.3.103/adm/index.php?i=ac ... zx%2Fmchat).  If go back a screen it still shows that mchat is not enabled.  So, in short, I can't seem to get the extension enabled.  I assume I put the files in the correct location as the mchat extension does at least show up on the Extension Manager. 

Also, when I browse the main forum screen I now receive these two error messages at the top of my screen:
phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysqli.php on line 257: mysqli_fetch_assoc(): Couldn't fetch mysqli_result
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysqli.php on line 319: mysqli_free_result(): Couldn't fetch mysqli_result

I have browsed through the site and didn't see any obvious solutions - any suggestions? Thank you.
jimmy

Re: mchat will not 'enable'

Post by jimmy »

I got this one resolved so no worries. I believe it had to do with a change in ownership I made on a directory. Anyways, I have now moved my phpbb onto my site on the web - everything working good there including the mchat which I just installed/enabled. Will look at some of the mchat extensions as well. Looks great so far.