Random issues after upgrade to phpBB 3.3.5

Support area for phpBB's mChat extension
Bgagger
Donor

Random issues after upgrade to phpBB 3.3.5

Post by Bgagger »

After updating the boardware from 3.3.3 to 3.3.5 there has been a number of sporadic issues reported.
Of note is that I removed the assets/javascript/jquery-3.5.1.min.js file on the board installation, as that was required for the board update to proceed. I know that recent upgraded versions of jquery has caused some issues with mChat before.
But it is not confirmed if this is relevant in this case.

Some users on Safari have reported the chat repeatedly logging them out at random.

On Chrome a case of "Ajax Error: You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page", has been noted. But It is not consistent, I am now unable to re-create it.

And on Firefox several cases of chat feed freezing with no error messages. You can still switch between rooms, but the last message sent does not appear in the feed for the user. Other users however can see the message. But for the frozen user other users messages do no longer appear.
No errors thrown in the browser console.
After a page reload, everything appears to be working again and all messages appear.

On 3.3.3 the chat was working without major issues. No mChat addons have been touched and the main mChat version is still 2.1.4 as it was before the upgrade.

It does seem the chat is working at first for most people, but that issues start happening after having been online in chat for a while.

The issues seem very random and inconsistent. I would recommend others to not upgrade beyond phpBB 3.3.3 until this can be further tested.
If I come across any more leads to what might be going on, I'll let you know.
toska

Re: Random issues after upgrade to phpBB 3.3.5

Post by toska »

How did you update
from 3.3.3 to 3.3.5
Where has 3.3.4 remained
Or did you skip it?
There has been some time
Problems with mchat
Bgagger
Donor

Re: Random issues after upgrade to phpBB 3.3.5