mChat users wish list

Support area for phpBB's mChat extension
nou nou
Donor

mChat users wish list

Post by nou nou » 15 Oct 2017, 05:02

Hi Kasimi,

First of all thank you for developing mChat - it has really made a difference on my board.

There are a couple of requests from users that keep coming back, and I wonder if any of these line up with your own plans?

- attachments or image uploads straight inside mChat. Especially images are an often requested one.
- lifting the character limit altogether and using the forum default (may get a little heavy?)
- support for this extension: https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/extension/elonw/ (opening links in new tabs - users click on a posted link and then lose their reading position in the chat)
- search function for the archive

Some may be easier to implement than others I guess :)

Thanks again!

kasimi
mChat developer

Re: mChat users wish list

Post by kasimi » 16 Oct 2017, 09:49

The character limit can be disabled by setting it to 0. Limiting it to the max post length would be possible with a simple code edit, but if your users are trying to send messages longer than your post length limit you have bigger problems. :P

Support for ELONW entirly relies on the ELONW extension. There's nothing mChat can do about it. Have a look at this topic and give the code posted there a try: https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... pic/165081

The other two features, attachments and archive search, are quite complex and require more time than I have available at the moment. :|

Thanks for the support. :)

nou nou
Donor

Re: mChat users wish list

Post by nou nou » 17 Oct 2017, 01:35

The ELONW code worked! Thank you :)

I should have seen the character limit setting - overlooked it.

No worries for the other features. I'll try to come up with a workaround in the meantime. Thanks for the taking the time!