errors when logged out automatically

Support area for phpBB's mChat extension
Xcalibr8
Donor

errors when logged out automatically

Post by Xcalibr8 » 22 Dec 2018, 23:17

Hello,
This is and issue i have had for some time. When the board logs out a user, the chat greys out the board and displays an error. The most common is something like "you don't have the necessary permissions . . . " if you can click the x it will go away and you can log in again. On my phone, i cant click the x cause it is at the edge of the screen and I have to drag down the screen to reload. I know how to deal with it but most of my users are not very tech savvy and are easily discouraged. Any way to make it so it doesn't display the error or just reloads the board to the login screen? Thanks.

PHPBB 3.2
mchat 2.1.1

Xcalibr8

kasimi
mChat developer

Re: errors when logged out automatically

Post by kasimi » 23 Dec 2018, 16:12

Hi X
Xcalibr8 wrote:
22 Dec 2018, 23:17
When the board logs out a user
When does this happen? Is there a pattern?

What's the mChat Session timeout set to (ACP, Extensions, mChat Global Settings), and what your board's Session length value (ACP, General, Server configuration, Load settings)?

Usually mChat stops refreshing once the phpBB session ends. The error "you don't have the necessary permissions" only pops up because of a misconfiguration of the session settings or cookie settings.

Xcalibr8
Donor

Post by Xcalibr8 » 23 Dec 2018, 19:50

mchat session time out 0
phpbb session length 3600 seconds

Added in 1 minute 32 seconds:
sorry, as for pattern, it doesnt really have a specific pattern other than if i leave the forum running on my computer or phone and I come back to it, i have the error.

kasimi
mChat developer

Post by kasimi » 23 Dec 2018, 20:44

If the mChat session timeout is 0, you should never be logged out. I just tested this on a local phpBB board by setting the phpBB session length to 10 minutes and mChat session timeout to 0, then left it running without browsing and after 15 minutes, I was still logged in and mChat was still checking for new messages as usual.

Xcalibr8
Donor

Post by Xcalibr8 » 24 Dec 2018, 12:30

ok, today i woke up, opened my laptop, noticed you had logged on, went to delete the message that shows u logged on. got this error. I am still logged in tho . . . i went to forum home and still logged in. Not sure why i'm getting this.
kasimi.PNG
kasimi.PNG (79 KiB) Viewed 53 times
kasimi.PNG
kasimi.PNG (79 KiB) Viewed 53 times

kasimi
mChat developer

Post by kasimi » 24 Dec 2018, 13:00

It's been running for 2 hours now. mChat is still refreshing fine and I'm still logged in. There was one error, the server returned code 405 (Not Allowed) and got this popup:
not_allowed.png
not_allowed.png (9.36 KiB) Viewed 50 times
not_allowed.png
not_allowed.png (9.36 KiB) Viewed 50 times
I closed it and it kept on refreshing fine.

After refreshing your page, were you logged out? Were you able to delete my login message?