[request] name mentions ajax

Support area for phpBB's mChat extension
br0nks
Donor

[request] name mentions ajax

Post by br0nks » 05 Sep 2019, 09:47

Hey there, i was looking for some nice extensions for my board and i found this one:

Code: Select all

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/extension/simple_mentions/
is there any chance that we can somehow make it working in mChat?
would be great to have this one working and not necessary always click the @ or name to write to person :beer:

kasimi
mChat developer

Re: [request] name mentions ajax

Post by kasimi » 08 Dec 2019, 13:31

Currently, if you mention a user in mChat, that user would have to reload the page in order so see the notification. I don't feel it's worth the time it takes to implement this feature until phpBB's notifications are updated with AJAX. There are extensions out there that ajaxify notifications such as this one, but it isn't widely used at all.

In addition, the Simple Mentions extension you linked is designed to work only for posts and so doesn't offer a way to hook into it.

Painkiller88
Distinguished Donor

Post by Painkiller88 » 09 Dec 2019, 15:23

If you are still interested in something, i used the ext kasimi linked above and it was working ok for a while but because we are all a little spoiled by FB i now use this one: https://senky.github.io/pushnotifications/

Not free, but worth it because you will get notifications in your Browser on PC and also on your mobile if you set the web browser app in the background instead of closing it completely.

Works well for me :)

kasimi
mChat developer

Post by kasimi » 09 Dec 2019, 20:16

I will be releasing a similar extension for browser notifications very soon, though with fewer options than Senky's, but it will be available for everyone. It's already enabled here on this board.

tryo29
Donor

Post by tryo29 » 10 Dec 2019, 19:49

Nice, i will use it!