Error loading mchat when Rooms are visable to admin, New Blank Page

Chat rooms for mChat with optional password protection and 1-on-1 chats
title10usc311
Donor

Error loading mchat when Rooms are visable to admin, New Blank Page

Post by title10usc311 » 13 Feb 2018, 02:28

Error loading mchat when Rooms are visable to admin (Logged In), New Blank Page Logged Out Rooms Visable mchat loads. Other admins see the chat when logged in, I being master admin do not. I did when i first made the page..Added some code from index.php to try to get users online to work. That didn't work :oops: after that it was never the same. Odd thing is others see it logged in but i dont, and logged out it works..Logged into Firefox, it works normal. Logged into Internet Explorer, works normal. Logged into chrome, wont work...Im really at a loss of words..Any on this one would def. be appreciated

Video below showing exactly whats happening.

Youtube Video

PHP

Code: Select all

- This code is only accessible to donors -

HTML / CSS

terry2
Donor

Re: Error loading mchat when Rooms are visable to admin, New Blank Page

Post by terry2 » 13 Feb 2018, 10:28

I may be reading this wrong but you dont have any rooms to enter only the lobby and your in that by default make a room or two then try again.

title10usc311
Donor

Post by title10usc311 » 13 Feb 2018, 16:17

Hi Terry. You are correct at the time of recording I only had 1 room. That was only because i reinstalled the extension, and this time around i didnt make multi. rooms. Before the video i had 4 rooms and it was the same. So adding more rooms will result in the page doing exactly whats in the video.

kasimi
mChat developer

Post by kasimi » 17 Feb 2018, 17:12

The rooms panel is covering the messages. Open your browser console and run this code in it:

It removes the rooms list from the page. If that makes the messages visible, you need more CSS to make space for them, though it looks like there's no more left. :D

title10usc311
Donor

Post by title10usc311 » 18 Feb 2018, 00:14

Thank you Kasimi, I like how you split the chat in half and made room for the "rooms" I'd sure love to have that layout but instead of "rooms" have a embed video standard youtube "embed" size long side the chat. Perhaps with a ACP where you could add the embedded code from youtube or the youtube video itself and a text area where you could add video information.. Would you be interested in a job like this? If so pm me. This is my current layout with no ACP, pretty much whats above.. Thank you kasimi.

kasimi
mChat developer

Post by kasimi » 18 Feb 2018, 11:50

You have a PM. :)