Can not install rooms: SQL ERROR Table doesn't exist

Chat rooms for mChat with optional password protection and 1-on-1 chats
Bgagger
Donor

Can not install rooms: SQL ERROR Table doesn't exist

Post by Bgagger » 28 Nov 2018, 17:59

Hello Kasimi.

I have used Blueimp's AJAX Chat for an integrated chat solution with phpBB 3.0 so far.
But now that we need to migrate to phpBB 3.2 good old AJAX Chat won't work anymore. It's been two years since the developers tried to make it compatible with phpBB 3.1 and it still has fatal issues with all the new phpBB boardware versions.

So I am now looking for a working replacement. The 'ajax chat' extension by spaceace (no known relation to the former Blueimp) is not working either, as in it installs, but is still broken out of the box and I can't get it to work.

I'm down to mChat + your rooms extension as the only viable solution I can find now that almost matches the features we need coming from the old integrated chat client. I'm really hoping we can make it work.

Our old board is a 3.0.14 phpBB and I have now successfully migrated it to a test site that is now up to 3.2.4 phpBB.
Before migrating the old board data, I uninstalled and purged the previous mods and mod tables, so there should not be anything left of old AutoMOD Mods.

I've installed and configured mChat 2.1.1 and that works fine.

It's when I try to enable mChat Rooms Addon 1.2.3 though that I run into trouble. Getting the error page below. Then nothing happens, the install just fails.

I have tinkered with mChat, but no matter how I look at it, it never installs a table called 'mchat_rooms_users'. So why the rooms addon is trying to delete from it I have no idea. But it won't proceed otherwise.

Is that table something older versions of mChat have used? I only have a fresh install of mChat 2.1.1 , nothing coming before it.

What should I do? Can I create the table just so the install process can move on? Why does it need to purge this table anyway?

Grateful for any help you can give.

Code: Select all

- This code is only accessible to donors -

kasimi
mChat developer

Re: Can not install rooms: SQL ERROR Table doesn't exist

Post by kasimi » 28 Nov 2018, 19:06

Hi Bgagger and welcome! :wave:

you have found a bug in the latest Rooms add-on 1.2.3 that affects fresh installs. Are you able to delete the Room extension's data in the ACP without any errors? In that case you will be able to use version 1.2.4, available in a few moments.

If you do get errors and you can't delete data, post the error messages here so we can get your database cleaned up and ready for a fresh Rooms install. :+1:

Bgagger
Donor

Post by Bgagger » 28 Nov 2018, 19:11

Thank you very much :)

Yes, I can delete the extension data with no errors at all.

Take your time, I'm just glad you could find the problem.

kasimi
mChat developer

Post by kasimi » 28 Nov 2018, 19:15

The new release is posted: viewtopic.php?p=1990#p1990 :beer:

Bgagger
Donor

Post by Bgagger » 28 Nov 2018, 19:34

1.2.4 installed without issue and looks to be working fine. I'm tinkering with permissions and creating rooms now.
It looks very promising, I think we can find good use for this extension to make it suit our needs. Thank you for creating it!