Notification for new mchat messages in rooms

Chat rooms for mChat with optional password protection and 1-on-1 chats
wraith
Distinguished Donor

Notification for new mchat messages in rooms

Post by wraith » 27 Jan 2019, 14:25

I use Mchat rooms, and no notification is shown when a new message appears in a users room, i think there used to be but not now. Answers to queries in private rooms would be answered quicker if user was notified of post. not by usual notification means but a simple "new message" next to room name would suffice.

kasimi
mChat developer

Re: Notification for new mchat messages

Post by kasimi » 27 Jan 2019, 14:43

You don't see the number of unread messages in a red bubble next to the room name? This works (is supposed to work) for all rooms you've entered, except for the one you're currently in.

(I've split your post from the topic in mChat support and moved it to mChat Rooms support section. :+1:)

wraith
Distinguished Donor

Re: Notification for new mchat messages

Post by wraith » 27 Jan 2019, 14:47

The only time i have seen that is when the room creator makes a post it doesnt show if someone else makes a post. But you know me well enough to know i am probably missing something :D

Added in 4 minutes 22 seconds:
Re: Notification for new mchat messages in rooms
Is it permission related?

kasimi
mChat developer

Re: Notification for new mchat messages in rooms

Post by kasimi » 27 Jan 2019, 14:52

There are no permission involved. The red bubble is displayed for everyone, even for users with read-only permission.

I just tested this on the mChat demo board using my main account and a temporary test account in a private browsing window and it worked fine both ways. Please test it on the demo board and report back. It could be a problem with your board setup or an incompatibility with some other extension.