Invites not working if the recieveing user is logged in hidden.

Chat rooms for mChat with optional password protection and 1-on-1 chats
Bgagger
Donor

Invites not working if the recieveing user is logged in hidden.

Post by Bgagger » 17 Feb 2019, 18:55

Hello again.

We have started using mChat and rooms on a larger scale now and come across some issues.

I think we can tweak the settings and customize the css for most problems. But one issue has me stumped.

It appears that if a forum user has logged in as hidden (from the login screen), they can not receive invites to rooms. The invite never appears under notifications.
If they log out and re-log in as not hidden, then it works.

A good number of our members make use of the hidden login feature of phpBB, as a matter of privacy. So this will be a recurring problem.
Could this be a permissions problem? Is mChat not accessing users properly when they are hidden?

If you could look into this problem, or have any suggestion for working around it, it's appreciated.

Painkiller88
Donor

Re: Invites not working if the recieveing user is logged in hidden.

Post by Painkiller88 » 18 Feb 2019, 19:00

Hi,

I just tested this because i never tried and that sounds interessting.

I can't reproduce the error, i used a second user (hidden and without admin or other special rights) and invited this user in one of our rooms.

This is working with no problems for me using latest mChat and latest Rooms ext.

Do you get any errors in the Browser console or did u receive that the user has been successfully invided at all?

Bgagger
Donor

Post by Bgagger » 18 Feb 2019, 20:02

After further testing I can see that that inviting hidden users seems to be actually working...
There may be another cause of this issue, I will have to confirm again with the users who reported the issue.
It's possible there was some misunderstanding, our users are still learning their way around mChat.

Painkiller88
Donor

Post by Painkiller88 » 18 Feb 2019, 20:04

ok. But u can do some testing on ur own. Just do it at night create a view test users with no special access and just open tabs in browser, so u can test all the reported errors on ur own and use different browsers :)