MilkV2 Theme fix?

Chat rooms for mChat with optional password protection and 1-on-1 chats
kingbob777
Donor

MilkV2 Theme fix?

Post by kingbob777 » 06 Sep 2019, 15:58

Did anyone who is also using Milk V2 Theme manage to find the fix to the javascript problem after? The chatrooms did nothing when being clicked. When I contacted the support they said they don't support third party plugins and when I see it mentioned on here they are saying go back to the theme author.

It is like a ping pong on responsibility which is really unfair on both those who donated on here to get the plugin extension and those who bought the fantastic responsive theme.

If anyone has a fix please post it on here. I hope admin do the right thing and keep this thread alive for others using the same theme can fix this.

The problem is written out like this in firebug "jQuery' is not defined" the extension script code seems to load before the jquery command on the theme. I don't know how to fix this?

kasimi
mChat developer

Re: MilkV2 Theme fix?

Post by kasimi » 06 Sep 2019, 21:03

kingbob777 wrote:
06 Sep 2019, 15:58
When I contacted the support they said they don't support third party plugins
Again, the problem is not with the Rooms add-on. It is impossible to fix the problem by editing any of Room's code. You should keep referring the style authors to the following post: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=165&p=1009#p1009 It explains both why it's their responsibility to fix and how to fix it, in their code. It literally doesn't take more than 10 seconds to apply the code change.
kingbob777 wrote:
06 Sep 2019, 15:58
I hope admin do the right thing and keep this thread alive for others using the same theme can fix this.
I won't be posting the fix here for the simple reason that I'm not the author of the code and I don't want users asking for support for such code here. However, donors on this site are welcome to send me a PM to get this issue fixed in private. :+1:

kingbob777
Donor

Post by kingbob777 » 06 Sep 2019, 23:42

*void*
Last edited by kingbob777 on 07 Sep 2019, 18:23, edited 1 time in total.

kasimi
mChat developer

Post by kasimi » 07 Sep 2019, 07:56

Now I'm confused. I explain why the fix must be applied to their code. Are you expecting me to provide free support for someone else's software?

In this topic as well as in my PM to you (did you read the 2nd line?), I offered to solve this problem in private. I've privately sent the fix to many other donors here before, and all of them reported back that the issue was solved. Isn't that why you started this topic?

If you still feel like cancelling your donation, so be it, though I do wonder if you're doing the same for the Milkv2 purchase: until fixed, you will run into the same issue with other extensions that use said template event.

kingbob777
Donor

Post by kingbob777 » 07 Sep 2019, 09:21

1. I only just got the notification of a message this morning.
2. People don't want to play ping pong between authors of themes and plugins they just want to get on with it.
3. They told me you were third party plugin and its all on you and nothing to do with the theme and all Im getting on here is it is the theme fault.
4. Would it not be easier to create a forum on here for people to add code updates to fix plugin problems or conflicts with themes?

I just want to get on with my project but I am being frustrated by being passed on all the time. I will respond to your message within the next hour or so.

kasimi
mChat developer

Post by kasimi » 07 Sep 2019, 18:09

kingbob777 wrote:
07 Sep 2019, 09:21
3. They told me you were third party plugin and its all on you and nothing to do with the theme and all Im getting on here is it is the theme fault.
What's their response to what I wrote in the post I linked above? Either nobody has brought it to their attention, or they've read it and still claim it's not their responsibility. I'm starting to think it's the former.
kingbob777 wrote:
4. Would it not be easier to create a forum on here for people to add code updates to fix plugin problems or conflicts with themes?
I never said people can't post their code here. I explained why I won't do it. One also needs to keep in mind that their code is proprietary. If it gets posted here and they want it removed, I have to choice but to comply.
kingbob777 wrote:
2. People don't want to play ping pong between authors of themes and plugins they just want to get on with it.
I totally get you. At some point you need to choose: ditch the one or the other piece of software that's keeping you from finishing your project. I'm just surprised you chose to ditch the Rooms add-on after I had posted an explanation why it's their responsibility (I assume they didn't explain anything, other than claiming it's not their job), clear instructions for the style developers or any other coder how to fix it, and an offer to do it for you.

Anyway, I hope you get your board running the way you want. :+1:

kingbob777
Donor

Post by kingbob777 » 07 Sep 2019, 18:20

Forgive me for being an ass. Thank you for the fix. It is just frustrating when the blame get's bounced back and forth. I will not call a chargeback on the donation as you did help and the problem is now resolved.

Thank you.

worx
Donor

Post by worx » 16 Sep 2019, 17:22

I had to realize the "flood" settings for posts are actually PM settings too in the new phpBB 3.2.7. Post and PM together so when i set up 24hours flood limit on posts, users cannot use PM for 24 hours. So stupid! :shock: This is why i installed the rooms.. and.. guess what?
Unfortunately the site has the MILK v2 style. Support is not answering so Im going to write a negative review for them very soon. I fixed the problem with the EVENT structure, but it should be their job TBO.
I moved this down to the end:
<!-- IF S_PLUPLOAD --><!-- INCLUDE plupload.html --><!-- ENDIF -->
{$SCRIPTS}

Like in Prosilver:

<!-- EVENT overall_footer_after -->

<!-- IF S_PLUPLOAD --><!-- INCLUDE plupload.html --><!-- ENDIF -->
{$SCRIPTS}

<!-- EVENT overall_footer_body_after -->

</body>
</html>

FitEyes

Post by FitEyes » 29 Sep 2019, 12:22

However, the new theme will have no effect on Milk I think? (Or is it?) I usually wait for the client to edit, before I move my forum (or I suffer from our user complaints
The e Creepy Text Generator offers users a number of scary text styles to choose from https://fontvilla.com/creepy-text/

kasimi
mChat developer

Post by kasimi » 29 Sep 2019, 12:36

What new theme are you talking about?