[1.4.0] mChat Sticky Footer

Display mChat at the bottom of every page, configurable in the UCP
kasimi
mChat developer

Re: mChat Sticky Footer

Post by kasimi » 22 Oct 2016, 20:39

Sure:
  • Open /ext/kasimi/mchatstickyfooter/styles/prosilver/theme/mchat.stickyfooter.css
  • Find bottom: 0;
  • Change to bottom: 10px;

kasimi
mChat developer

Post by kasimi » 23 Oct 2016, 11:21

Good news! With these changes available in the next phpBB release 3.1.11, there will be a way for the Sticky Footer extension to display mChat on all pages, including composing a reply or a PM. Stay tuned! :)

Tarantino
Distinguished Donor

Post by Tarantino » 23 Oct 2016, 17:52

Great news indeed. I was away all weekend. Ill check your new code in some hours. Thanks in advance ;)

EDIT: I've tested and it's working perfectly. That guest problem was solved. But at least now, the smilies and bbcodes button doesn't work, neither the send button. :( ("No route found for "POST /mchat": Method Not Allowed (Allow: GET, HEAD)")

EDIT2: I've tested with the normal release and same problems too. :cry:

EDIT3: I saw that this problems only occurs when I'm on index. On viewforum and viewtopic all works great.

EDIT4: How can I've full compatibility with "Collapsible Forum Categories" ? It would be great, that way I would have a minimize function for the chat :P I've installed, but I've some bugs.

kasimi
mChat developer

Post by kasimi » 25 Oct 2016, 20:01

Version 1.0.2 is available in the first post. It's now working with the Subway style. :)

Fixes from v1.0.1 => v1.0.2
  • Fixed display issues for guests
  • Fixed misplaced resize arrow
  • Fixed detecting resize click
  • Fixed resize cursor not displaying correctly

kasimi
mChat developer

Post by kasimi » 25 Oct 2016, 20:29

Tarantino wrote:EDIT2: I've tested with the normal release and same problems too. :cry:

EDIT3: I saw that this problems only occurs when I'm on index. On viewforum and viewtopic all works great.
What style are you using?
Tarantino wrote:EDIT4: How can I've full compatibility with "Collapsible Forum Categories" ? It would be great, that way I would have a minimize function for the chat :P I've installed, but I've some bugs.
Which bugs did you find? You can enable this extension here too, have a look in your UCP.

Tarantino
Distinguished Donor

Post by Tarantino » 25 Oct 2016, 22:04

I'm using Eles theme.
On Eles the style already have a collapse function itself. So I don't need to install Collapsible Forum Categories at all. And for Eles I should need to edit something so the collapsible can collapse all the chat and not just cover the talk area with a white panel.

But the bug appeared on prosilver with Collapsible Forum Categories: http://i.imgur.com/Plvdk8f.png

I'll check the 1.0.2 version and come back with more news.

EDIT: with 1.0.2 all the fixed things on changelog are working great.

Even here, on this forum, if you put "Display on the index page" to NO and "Display mChat at the bottom of every page" to YES, then on Board Index you can't use mchat, if you click on smilies or bbcodes it will not open. And you cant even send a message.

And I've seen now using your forum why the hell the collapse was not working on my forum. Because even here the same problem occurs.
It only bugs collapsing on the Board Index. If I try to collapse on viewforum I've no bugs with prosilver.

kasimi
mChat developer

Post by kasimi » 25 Oct 2016, 22:17

I will look into it and report back soon. Thanks for testing!

kasimi
mChat developer

Post by kasimi » 26 Oct 2016, 17:07

Tarantino wrote:the bug appeared on prosilver with Collapsible Forum Categories
Tarantino wrote:if you click on smilies or bbcodes it will not open. And you cant even send a message.
The issues you reported were caused by mChat being rendered twice. What you see in the screenshot you posted is the top mChat being collapsed, the second still showing. All these issues on the index should be fixed in 1.0.3-dev.

kasimi-phpbb-ext-mchat-stickyfooter-1.0.3-dev-3bbf4ac2e770.zip
On the index page it works like this now: if Display on the index page is set to yes, mChat is displayed normally, not as sticky footer. If "Display on the index page is set to no, mChat is displayed as sticky footer.

Let me know if works on your board. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tarantino
Distinguished Donor

Post by Tarantino » 26 Oct 2016, 17:25

Wow, that was quick :) Lets TEST IT OUT THEN!!! :P

EDIT: Almost all perfect. Just one little bug I would say. I've done even a fresh installed but the option "Display mChat at the bottom of every page:" doesn't appear on UCP. Even on the 1.0.2 it wasn't appearing. It appears on ACP so I can set a default value for all users. But the user doesnt have that option. In this forum of yours I can see that option. Something is wrong. :?

One doubt: why when I collapse the chat, then if I go to forum or back to index, I saw the chat opening and closing. I know that the information is saved on cookies, and that must be the problem. But can't we change some orders of loads so this could be solved if loaded quickier?

EDIT2: Could you help me too on solving the collapse inbuilt from Eles theme? If you need the theme since its premium I could share with you.

Best regards

kasimi
mChat developer

Post by kasimi » 26 Oct 2016, 17:40

Tarantino wrote:It appears on ACP so I can set a default value for all users. But the user doesnt have that option.
You need to give them permission to customise this option in the mChat in UCP section in the ACP, Permissions, just like any other mChat option in UCP.
Tarantino wrote:One doubt: why when I collapse the chat, then if I go to forum or back to index, I saw the chat opening and closing.
Do you see the same happening here? If not it's an issue with your style. Send me a PM and I'll have a look. :)