[1.2.12] mChat Rooms add-on

Chat rooms for mChat with optional password protection and 1-on-1 chats
kasimi
mChat developer

Re: [1.2.8] mChat Rooms add-on

Post by kasimi » 24 Feb 2019, 14:16

There's another small bug fix release available with version 1.2.8. :+1: It fixes a bug reported here.

kasimi
mChat developer

Re: [1.2.9] mChat Rooms add-on

Post by kasimi » 16 May 2019, 17:03

Version 1.2.9 is available in the first post. :+1:

Bgagger posted here about adding a quick link to invite a user to a new room, and I thought it was a great idea so here you go. :D
The links 'New room' & 'Invite users' in the rooms list now have small FontAwesome icons, too.

Thanks for everyone's continued support. :beer:

ZaneMcK
Donor

Post by ZaneMcK » 09 Jul 2019, 10:52

This is a very nice extension!
I see I can invite people by username. But it would be really nice to be able to invite people by group. This mass-invitation system should be guarded by the forum permissions, of course, so I imagine it won't be an easy modification.

Use case:
I have a large (8000 members) forum, with different levels of subforum access. I would like to give people with higher levels access to their communal 'private' room. Adding groups of about 300 users to a room, isn't very doable right now ;-)
It works for the moderator team-room, but even that (15 users) is some work. And when someone leaves, I have to remove them manually from the group, whereas group-permission-based would also take care of that.

terry2
Donor

Post by terry2 » 23 Jul 2019, 00:57

Mchat rooms on chrome kicks up a warning or two

i wrapped the passwords with the form tag open kasimi/mchatrooms/styles/prosilver/template/mchatrooms_body.html replace with code bellow and all errors gone.

Code: Select all

- This code is only accessible to donors -

kasimi
mChat developer

Re: [1.2.10] mChat Rooms add-on

Post by kasimi » 25 Aug 2019, 10:20

Version 1.2.10 is now available in the first post which brings you 3 bug fixes. :+1: Thanks for the reports everyone.

kasimi
mChat developer

Re: [1.2.11] mChat Rooms add-on

Post by kasimi » 12 Sep 2019, 22:28

Version 1.2.11 is now available in the first post. :+1:

Apart from minor language tweaks for the permissions, there are two new useful additions:
  • You can now invite groups to a room. Needless to say, there's a permission for you to control who can send invites to groups. Note that by inviting a group, you won't limit the users who can join the room to the users of this group. Other users can still join the usual ways.
  • The active users list has been improved: there's a new permission to control who can see the list of active users in your rooms. This allows you to stop guests from spying, for example. Note that this permission is set to No for everyone by default, so make sure to update the permission according to your needs after you have installed the update.

br0nks

Re: [1.2.11] mChat Rooms add-on

Post by br0nks » 23 Sep 2019, 13:50

is there any possibility that we can choose which room users will join by default? or group of users?

for example my rooms: lobby, games, music, movies

and some users want to join automatically to music as first after connection, not to lobby.

would be great!

kasimi
mChat developer

Re: [1.2.12] mChat Rooms add-on

Post by kasimi » 07 Oct 2019, 18:55

Version 1.2.12 is now available in the first post. :+1:

The main attraction in this release is a new UCP option for your users: they can select a default room which they will be put in on every page load, in addition to the Lobby. Only public rooms can be selected as a default room.

There are lots of small improvements and fixes as well. In Rooms 1.2.11 it was possible to send invites to groups the user isn't allowed to see. This has been fixed in 1.2.12. Furthermore, all Room's UCP options are now hidden if the user doesn't have permission to see rooms.

Check the change log in the first post for a complete list of changes.