Phpbb_modules mchat

Support area for phpBB's mChat extension
Tastatura

Phpbb_modules mchat

Post by Tastatura » 11 Nov 2017, 08:14

Hi, i'm trying to enable the extension but i get this error:
There are remnant modules from the mChat MOD for phpBB 3.0.x in the database. The mChat extension does not work correctly with these modules present.
You need to entirely uninstall the mChat MOD before being able to install the mChat extension. Specifically, the modules with the following IDs need to be deleted from the phpbb_modules table: 208, 211

I read some of your topics about this like this one: https://github.com/kasimi/mChat/issues/4
But i don't have MODULE MANAGEMENT on my ACP
This is all i got: http://prntscr.com/h90988
Can you help me?

kasimi
mChat developer

Re: Phpbb_modules mchat

Post by kasimi » 11 Nov 2017, 09:08

I see the Module Manangement section on your screenshot. :P If you have the same error as reported in the GitHub issue you linked, use the management for the Administrator Control Panel to add the missing module(s).

Tastatura

Post by Tastatura » 11 Nov 2017, 09:40

kasimi wrote:
11 Nov 2017, 09:08
I see the Module Manangement section on your screenshot. :P If you have the same error as reported in the GitHub issue you linked, use the management for the Administrator Control Panel to add the missing module(s).
Oo yea i see it now, i was looking for something else, sorry
So, i did what you said here: Go to the ACP module management in the System tab and find modules that are left over from mChat. If there are any, delete them. You might have to delete all child modules first before you can delete the parent module. Now try to install mChat again.

And then i tried to delete the extension but i get this error:
Catchable fatal error: Argument 1 passed to phpbb\db\migrator::get_callable_from_step() must be of the type array, null given, called in /home/erenro/board.eren2.ro/phpbb/db/migrator.php on line 701 and defined in /home/erenro/board.eren2.ro/phpbb/db/migrator.php on line 723

kasimi
mChat developer

Post by kasimi » 11 Nov 2017, 09:54

You tried to delete the extension and got this error message? How were you able to install the extension in the first place if you got the "remnant modules" error messages?

Tastatura

Post by Tastatura » 11 Nov 2017, 09:56

kasimi wrote:
11 Nov 2017, 09:54
You tried to delete the extension and got this error message? How were you able to install the extension in the first place if you got the "remnant modules" error messages?
Idk just worked, first time i delete it from winscp and tried again but same..

kasimi
mChat developer

Post by kasimi » 11 Nov 2017, 10:31

If you got it installed without errors, why did you delete any modules?

Right now it seems you have deleted modules that mChat is expecting to be there. You will have to manually go through your database and delete any data related to mChat. Start with cleaning the modules and migrations tables, and then try to install the extension again.

The easier way would be to install a backup of your database from before you started deleting anything.

Tastatura

Post by Tastatura » 11 Nov 2017, 11:08

kasimi wrote:
11 Nov 2017, 10:31
If you got it installed without errors, why did you delete any modules?

Right now it seems you have deleted modules that mChat is expecting to be there. You will have to manually go through your database and delete any data related to mChat. Start with cleaning the modules and migrations tables, and then try to install the extension again.

The easier way would be to install a backup of your database from before you started deleting anything.
Ok, i'll try that, ty