mChat and post errors

Support area for phpBB's mChat extension
Twister

mChat and post errors

Post by Twister » 11 Aug 2018, 14:51

Hello,

I have a problem in Firefox but not in Google Chrome:

when using smilies or attachements in a post these are shown in textfield of mChat but not in the post.
What did I wrong?

kasimi
mChat developer

Re: mChat and post errors

Post by kasimi » 11 Aug 2018, 15:01

Hi Twister,

first of all, mChat doesn't support attachments. You can't attach files to mChat message like you can to forum posts.

For the smilies issue, what phpBB version and what style are you using? Please post a link to your board where this is happening, or send me a PM if you prefer, and a test account if one is needed to reproduce the issue. :+1:

Twister

Post by Twister » 11 Aug 2018, 15:21

I think I have wrong expressed myself

a wanted the attachement in the forums post but the text was shown in mChat

I send you PM

kasimi
mChat developer

Post by kasimi » 11 Aug 2018, 15:43

I got your PM and now I understand what the problem is: you're displaying mChat on every page of your board, including the posting page. In Firefox, when clicking on a smiley for a post, it is added to the mChat input field. In Chrome it is the opposite: when clicking on a smiley for mChat, it is added to the post message field.

I'm aware of this problem, it's a limitation by core phpBB and is therefore happening on every board and not just yours. This is also the reason why it's impossible to use two chat extensions at the same time. Basically, phpBB allows only one text field at a time to receive smilies and BBCodes. I will have another look at it but I don't think prosilver has been fixed in that regard, and I don't think it ever will be.

For now the only solution is to either live with it, or to not display mChat on a page where there's already a text field (posting a message, composing a PM, editing the signature etc).

Twister

Post by Twister » 11 Aug 2018, 15:50

Thank you very much for your quick help