Permissions problem for creating private rooms.

Chat rooms for mChat with optional password protection and 1-on-1 chats
Bgagger
Donor

Permissions problem for creating private rooms.

Post by Bgagger » 08 Dec 2018, 23:50

Hello Kasimi, first off the rooms extension is a great and much needed addition to mChat! So far we have found it working well.

There is one problem though. I want the ability to create open rooms (for everyone) to be locked to moderators and special groups only. So members can't spam the rooms list with a bunch of nonsense rooms that just take up space.

But I would also like for all members to be able to create private rooms. So they can have private conversations with each other, without bothering the rest of the members.

However when I set 'Can create mChat rooms' permission for regular members group to NO. And 'Can create private mChat rooms' permission for the regular members to YES.
Then they have access to the New room link (good).
They can open the new rooms window (good).
They can see 'Public room' as an option (not optimal, but acceptable since if they try to use it it's not working.)

However when the regular member pick 'Private room' as an option, which they should be able to, then they get the following error:
"
ERROR
No route found for "POST /mchat": Method Not Allowed (Allow: GET, HEAD)
"
In a modal box (it does not crash the page though).
The PHP error log for the forum is not reporting anything.

It seems the 'Can create private mChat rooms' permission is relying on the 'Can create mChat rooms' permission to work at all.
Is this a bug, or is there any way to work around this restriction?

kasimi
mChat developer

Re: Permissions problem for creating private rooms.

Post by kasimi » 09 Dec 2018, 12:32

Excellent error report. :+1: These issues have been fixed in 1.2.5, give it a try. :beer:

Bgagger
Donor

Re: Permissions problem for creating private rooms.

Post by Bgagger » 09 Dec 2018, 17:08

1.2.5 works like a charm, thanx again :)