help needed

Extensions, styles and support for everything else about phpBB
tryo29
Donor

help needed

Post by tryo29 » 13 Dec 2019, 13:07

Hello,
Do anyone knows how to put latest pictures of phpbb gallery to the index of the board?
I tried to do it, but can't....
in the threat on phpbb*com someone said that:
Yes, you would need to change the event name memberlist_view_content_append.html for one event at index or just create a copy of that event and rename the copy to an index event. And it will show at the index.

but i don't really know what to put on...

kasimi
mChat developer

Re: help needed

Post by kasimi » 13 Dec 2019, 15:58

Hi tryo,

locate the file memberlist_view_content_append.html in the phpBB Gallery extension folder, make a copy of it in the same folder and rename it to index_body_birthday_block_before.html (index_body_birthday_block_before is the event name in this example). Now refresh your board cache. You should see the changes on your board index. If you want it in a different location, see here for a list of possible event names. Pick one that starts with index_body_: https://wiki.phpbb.com/Event_List#index ... ock_before

tryo29
Donor

Post by tryo29 » 13 Dec 2019, 18:10

thanks, i tried this, but still not working.
I tried to rename it too : index_body_block_stats_append.html
but not working...
cleaned my cache on forum, on firefox too.
any idea?
thx

kasimi
mChat developer

Post by kasimi » 13 Dec 2019, 21:10

If it still doesn't display anything, the extension doesn't execute its code in a PHP event that's triggered when accessing the index page. You will need to ask the author how to make it run on the index page.

The process of displaying data basically has two parts: gathering the data you want to display (PHP code) and rendering it (Twig, HTML code). You've done the second part, but the first part is missing, so there's no data to display in the first place.

tryo29
Donor

Post by tryo29 » 13 Dec 2019, 21:15

the link for the extension is: https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... b_gallery/
the author seems to not support there.
thx for your help