Help with a permission for chat room

Extensions, styles and support for everything else about phpBB
Gary

Help with a permission for chat room

Post by Gary » 18 Jun 2020, 12:00

I use masking on chats displayed with the shoutbox before adding ROOMS extra to it.

I did it by only showing chats to users "allowed to post in the shoutbox", by using this permission wrapped around the chat message section below (so bots and guests could not read masked chats) disallowed from posting in the shoutbox.

Code: Select all

{% if MCHAT_ALLOW_USE %}{{ mchatrow.MCHAT_MESSAGE }}{% else %}{{ lang('MCHAT_SHOUTBOX_ERROR_MESSAGE') }}{% endif %}
Now that I have ROOMS used with the shoutbox, I've been trying to get it so all ROOMS added extra are not masked chats to anyone, but still leave the "main public room" (shoutbox) masked to guests and bots. Is there a permission I'm missing to do it, as I can't seem to find any permission that would do it, leaving any rooms added unmasked.

Alternative, a permission can be used instead to just deny guests and bots, rather than using

{% if MCHAT_ALLOW_USE %}
If not possible to leave rooms unmasked to guests and bots using that setting permission.

kasimi
mChat developer

Re: Help with a permission for chat room

Post by kasimi » 21 Jun 2020, 10:48

Try this, not tested:

{% if MCHAT_ALLOW_USE or (MCHATROOMS_LOBBY_ID and MCHATROOMS_LOBBY_ID != mchatrow.ROOM_ID) %}

Gary

Re: Help with a permission for chat room

Post by Gary » 21 Jun 2020, 12:32

Yes, the above works
Last edited by Gary on 21 Jun 2020, 20:34, edited 1 time in total.